Monday, May 30, 2005

Shaadi

Well every story ends with "they married and lived happily ever after". Let this blog entry begin from that place.

Bride: Rebecca (becky)
Groom: Kiran

Now wait a minute, have I interchanged the Bride and Groom? I used to mix up those two terms quite often but no, not this time.

Wedding

Anyway Rebecca was my lecturer in college who taught Construction Management for us in the final year of Engineering. Usually in our college days, the lecturers were classified in two groups - the minority with whom we had such a great relationship that we admit frankly and goto movies and the majority with whom we just walk out (Any minister/pm reading this - we make good candidates for parliament). Rebecca was one of the few lecturers who managed to gain a neutral ground with us.

When we passed out from college, she joined another - to pursue her MBA from UK. On graduation she continued to work in UK with Babtie. She was one of the few lecturers, with whom I am still in touch via email (God bless these guys who invented internet and email). So ever since her marriage date was fixed - May 23, 2005, preparations were underway. Starting from the hotel to stay in, friends to be met, travels etc.

Departed to Hyderabad on 20th night itself, watching "Josh" along the way. Cant review this movie - slept within the first 30mins of travel. Arriving in Hyderabad, I stayed in Hotel ****** (Man, I never thought I can forget the name of this hotel but I have. Will check up the visiting card and update this later). They charged 600 ruppees per day for a non-ac room and there was no housekeeping whatsoever. Despite the apalling service the hotel had 100% occupancy ratio. Either everybody is getting fooled like me or else there is dearth of decent hotels.

Despite huge plans of site seeing (for photos in sudasudacoffee), I had to settle down with just two places in three days. One was Ramoji film city and the other was the good old museum. But then let me reserve them for separate blog entry.

Mercury was hovering above 40 and it was sapping everyone's energy. Having lived in Chennai for 21 years, I had always believed that heat will never affect me. I was proved wrong. Each day, I was taking 3 litres of water and 2.5 litres of juice yet I felt as if I would die of thirst......

So stayed put in hotel counting the hours till marriage. On the D-day met another lecturer of mine - Jessy. She and Preetha madam taught us Building Drawing. I still remember those days when I submitted my drawings either last or first. When given the freedom, came up with those school (my first drawing to get an "A"), clinic, bungalows and not to mention the Pyramid (dont know whether my classmate who is working now with Shoba, stole those drawings and built it for Infy, Bangalore. Need to check up with him some day, as to how my drawings got leaked) I tend to go off the track pretty easily. Now let me get back to marriage.

As far as the marriage itself, it went smoothly. For the first time, I had witnessed a christian marriage in person. Anyway after marriage and reception, I was back to my hotel - just in time to steal a quick nap before catching the AirDeccan flight back to Bangalore in time for work. Its another issues that Air Deccan was an utter disappointment - the pilot flew so high that ground wasnt distinguishable. Technically speaking the spatial resolution was pretty bad around 5m (I did my college project using satellite imageries)

I had setout to write about the marriage and now it seems I have written about everything except marriage. Still in this blog, I never edit anything. This is supposed to be a free flowing one and so bear with me.

BTW just wondering as to how many of you had the patience to read till this point. If you did please leave your signateure in the comments so that others can also admire your patience......

- Dheepak Ra

24 Comments:

Blogger a_beautifulmind said...

Absolutely opposite to the title Dheepak, no desc. of shaadi..
me signed of to show my patience...just kidding ;-)

I never had a chance to witness any christian marriage...wish to see one,

May 30, 2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger Michael Salone said...

It's really interesting! I know this will sound typically ego-centric, but I guess I never imagined that some people have never witnessed a christian marriage. I guess when I think about it, I've never seen a buddhist or hindu ceremony either. Thanks for opening my eyes.

May 30, 2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Eby
Sorry to have bored you to death. I should have put up a warning sign at the top. I was too lazy to write it in my personal diary - so I just filled it in here.

Michael
You will be surprised if I tell you that there are millions out here who have never watched a christian marriage before. All our knowledge are restricted to movies where all they show is "I do", exchange of rings and "you may kiss the bride". Didnt find the last one in this marriage. ;-)

As far as Hindu marriages, there are so many variety that I have seen just couple out of say 30 major types.....

May 30, 2005 1:03 PM  
Blogger Art said...

well i reached till the end :)
I must admit, wasnt boring at all, but drifted far away from the topic :)
I also havent attended most of the hindu marraiges. There are several types. I had a chance to attend a christian marraige but couldnt go, so missed it.

May 30, 2005 11:02 PM  
Blogger @nu$h@ said...

Im not signing to show my patience but to say thanx for dropping by my blog...

and "U may kiss the bride" happens only in anglo weddings... the only diff between a hindu wedding n a christian one is that there is a lot of talking in the latter ....

cheers


@^u$#@

May 31, 2005 1:41 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Arathi, Every state has their own way of conducting the marriage. For eg one in gujarat is completely different from that of delhi. But then what matters is the heart rather than the formalities and ceremonies involved.

Anusha, Hindu and christian wedding both involve the same amount of talking, its just that in the former its the priest and in the latter its the couple :-)

May 31, 2005 7:20 AM  
Blogger anubhav said...

well i read it and say it was not boring at all...anyways didnt u copyright ur drawings..


tell me is air deccan so bad..

June 02, 2005 7:36 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Hmm one needs to apply for patents. But I never thought that one needs to apply for copyrights too.

I havent travelled in other flights - so cant give a comparison. But definitely flight experience was good. Experience and punctuality - both were good. No complaints.

June 02, 2005 7:44 AM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

LOL, I did so keep writing!!

June 02, 2005 2:08 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Kroopa I am amazed.

I had assumed that this blog entry would have put off the readers so much that they would stick to SudaSudaCoffee only. But I had underestimated the determination of my readers. Next time let me try and come up with even bigger rant ;-)

June 03, 2005 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful bride~!! it must be diff for students to study with such an attractive lecturer(^o^);;
3 litres of water is incredible!!

June 04, 2005 3:38 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Kika, As I mentioned before I have more patience. After all I have waited for quite a long time for your blog update :-)

Niki, LoL. But to be honest - I was pretty studious during my college days.

June 04, 2005 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. i am 99% sure that the bride ( i dont get confuse coz i remember that guys need to hold groom after marriage..heeheeheeh.) was from my college and my batch. i have seen her!!!

June 07, 2005 6:54 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Trespasser,
Thats surprising. If you tell me your college name and year of passing, I can confirm it.

June 07, 2005 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

krec, surathkal. 2000-01.

June 08, 2005 4:50 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Trespasser, I am stunned. She is from KREC 2001 batch alright. This is one small world!! BTW can you identify yourself - some email or url? Why dont you send an email to me - when she returns back I can pass the details to her.

June 08, 2005 5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not believe it when the guys told me how much you've changed. After reading this blog entry, I am inclined to believe them. Hope to see the changed Dheepak for myself this saturday:).

June 09, 2005 1:35 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Sujatha,
I am not surprised that the guys told you that I have changed - there are lots of rumours floating around :-)

However I dont understand as to how this post made you believe it. I really cant think as to what you inferred from here which I had missed.

June 09, 2005 5:50 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

SH,
Reaching Hyderabad doesnt entail crossing seven seas or seven mountains. So we can catch up sometime in the near future or even better you drop in with your hubby.

June 15, 2005 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice picture and a nice surprise!!!!

June 21, 2005 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think i am really patient.. i read the blog and then all the comments..

But now i am wondering am i patient or it is plain simple that i have no work.. i think the later is correct...

happy reading
Gautam

July 12, 2005 9:22 PM  
Blogger enigma said...

Hi,
First time on your Blog.... well, pretty interesting huh! Titled --Shaadi and just a line about it.. well, I read on as i liked the flow of the post..

BTW.. nice snaps on Sudasuda

January 20, 2006 4:05 AM  
Blogger Hul said...

yup..i did read fully

April 07, 2006 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm,
I do have the patience to go till the end.. as in school days u do have a good rapo with teachers and lecturers.... nice da...have not yet seen a christian wedding..Rathi

May 15, 2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home