Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Tagged......

Folks,

It seems as if Ashish has caught me. So here it goes: "a list of things that i'd like to do for the earth"

As usual let me start with the cribs first, the requirement wasnt too clear. Was it what I would like to do (just idealistic), or what I can possibly do (more realistic) or what I will do. (more probablistic).

What I currently do:
(The first 5 things which pops into my head)
1. Switch off the lights/fans whenever it isnt essential (Hey not in home. In office too)
2. Use both sides of paper.
3. Close the taps. (Not all taps have been retrofitted with sensors. Atleast not yet)
4. Use public transport system (Let me admit, I dont have a car right now)
5. Buy fountain coke instead of PET bottled cokes.

What I can/would do:
1. Use solar power in my home.
2. Spread the goodness of OTEC (I should have written under previous 5 points but just now it struck me)
3. Reduce Alkaline battery consumption (I use too many) - Need to stick only to rechargable batteries.
4. Reduce the amount of water, I consume during hot shower. (I can learn this by spending a fortnight in Chennai)
5. Reduce the plastic bag consumption. Currently on average, I am using 1 per day :-(

What I would like to do: (but most probably wont)
Well its same as what everyone writes about. You dont want me to repeat it here.

BTW I am supposed to tag a five more. However let me leave it open ended. By reading this post, you are accepting that you are tagged (similar to EULA of software - by opening the package, you are accepting the terms and conditions. Though the terms and conditions are available only within the package). Do write about what you do or what you would like either yourself or somebody else(say govt) should do to improve the environment. Most importantly leave the link in the comments.......

- Dheepak Ra

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Was gonna leave a comment saying that is a much more interesting tag than the other ones which are floating about. And then noticed your EULA, i will now pretend that I haven't read it and keep walking :)

June 08, 2005 5:50 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Be forewarned like the MPAA and RIAA, I can sue you for violation of terms and conditions :-)

June 08, 2005 6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww~~ i dont really care abt these things, especially paper and water(^o^);;
thanx for the instructions!!

June 08, 2005 8:21 AM  
Blogger Prabha said...

oh wow!
pul arichings baejaar :)
and me too with Uma..byee..

June 08, 2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Niki, I hope this post has made an impact in you.

Smyta, Thanks both for starting this tag and also for dropping by.

Arch Storm, I guess this is your first visit - so thanks. However killing politicians wont solve the problem. We need to sensitize them and make them be pro-active.

Prabha, Ithu niyaiyame illa. You are supposed to carry it forward.....

June 09, 2005 5:56 AM  
Blogger ioiio said...

"to improve the environment in india..jus shoot all the politicians.. india will bcome a paradise "

Im sorry..unless u replace them with the rite ones there is no way india can be even close to a paradise(if at all that exists)

June 09, 2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger monu said...

hi,
thanks for visiting my blogs and your comments..
if each and every one of us does one thing , that would be a begining to improve the world....i guess... i would like to begin by avoiding plastic bags...

June 09, 2005 9:30 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Well totallly agree with u....but caryying it fwd..... this is not fair to tag ppl like this...
Anyway will surely continue this one day:)

June 09, 2005 10:21 PM  
Blogger Enigma said...

good thoughts..btw I've been tagged too..will come up with a similar post very soon ;)

June 10, 2005 1:06 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Lone warrior, Ioiio, monu, arathi and neha, thanks for dropping by. Due to my recent travel outside bangalore, I could neither reply earlier nor visit any of your blogs. Will do that soon - meanwhile check out SudaSudaCoffee

June 13, 2005 12:11 AM  
Blogger meetu said...

first time on ur blog....
hey i will try to get the pics in order definitely . thanks for dropping by my blog...

June 13, 2005 11:01 AM  
Blogger ss said...

impressive

June 13, 2005 11:42 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Meetu,
You have a nice blog. Would love to visit regularly.

Sonal,
Thanks for dropping by.

Sonal and Meetu, you have got hold of the wrong blog - check out SudaSudaCoffee

Ansh,
Thanks for tagging. I have continued the tag forward.

June 14, 2005 9:17 AM  
Blogger Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

*I did not read this* :-P

June 16, 2005 6:55 PM  
Blogger Seema said...

I would...
do not a single thing
> not throw chocolate wrappers on the road
> not spit on the road
> not dump garbage anywhere on the road
> not use polythene bags as far as I can avoid.
Hopefully this sould help
http://half-full-or-half-empty.blogspot.com/

November 07, 2005 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home