Tuesday, January 25, 2005

FireFox on a roll

Atlast the no of downloads of Firefox 1.0 has crossed 20 Millions. This is phenomenal for an open source product. I am proud that I am one of their evangelist having influenced lots of people in my company to switch to Firefox. Surprisingly I have not been able to convince my immediate colleagues in the project to switch. They are loyal fans of Microsoft :-(

Usually I reply to technical queries in Bulletin Board. Yesterday there was a post on Unix which I followed up. I have spent more than a man day in trying to solve their problem. Several solutions were shot down bcoz I develop in Linux but deployment in Unix. The Linux version of commands like find, date, touch etc have lot more options than their equivalent Unix kins. Lets see whether my latest solution was acceptable or not.

- Dheepak Ra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home