Monday, June 13, 2005

Yet another tag

I am tagged yet again this time on books by Ansh.

Total Number of Books I Own: Got a decent collection stretching from classics like Pride and prejudice in the north, modern Robin cook's Shock in the south, Russian classics in the east to the Enidblyton of the west. But I am not able to quantify them.

Last Book I bought: The monk who sold his ferrari (First time I bought a book purely on my friends recommendation)

Last Book I was gifted: Abdul Kalams work

Last Book I read: Michael Crichton's TimeLine

I am currently reading: Planning to start on The Last Don (Better late than never)

Five Books that mean a lot to me:

Let me modify this tag as the "five non-fictional books"

1. The Fermat's Last Theorem by Simon Singh
This book succeeded in rekindling my interest in Mathematics where 12 years of heavy books and lectures had failed.
2. The Code Book by Simon Singh
Well it taught me in two days the world of cryptography which would have normally taken me two semesters to acquire. Simon singh is perhaps the only non-fiction author whom I recommend for everyone. His works are not only inspiring, but the way he dissects and exposes the subject for the common man that makes me rank him higher.
3. The World's 100 Most Influential People:
Is it a beautiful book? May be not.
Did it influence me? May be yes.
This was the first book which I had recieved as a gift some 15 years back. It has left a subtle impression on me......
4 and 5 - cant recollect off hand. May be its bcoz I spend most of my time immersed in fictional stuff.

As usual let me leave it to the readers discretion whether they would like to continue this tag or not.

8 Comments:

Blogger Krish said...

Dheepak, thanks for the suggestion that the post should perhaps move to Indibloggers. Guess there is a way to immortalize it after all :-)

Reg. your other query, no, the word blog need not appear anywhere but the image association and the recall value is better with it and more so, with rhyming ones.

June 13, 2005 8:19 PM  
Blogger monu said...

i guess you can put a list of people here to continue this..people like will then blog hop and read about other people's reading habbits

June 14, 2005 2:06 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Thennavan, isnt the meaning more important than the recollectin value?

Monu, The question is does this tag post add value to the blog? I accept that personally I prefer the SudaSudaCoffee more than this personal blog, due to which I posted this here. If I tag some of my readers, I am compelling them to blog which isnt right. We need to give them the choice, its up to them to carry it on.

June 14, 2005 9:12 AM  
Blogger Prabha said...

did u like "The monk who sold...."
i didnt enjoy the book at all..!!!

June 15, 2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Prabha,
My friend Ashok had some nice words for that book and recommended me to it. I bought it only last weekend and I havent started it. In all probability I wont touch it for another 10 days atleast. Will let you know my opinion soon......

June 15, 2005 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dheepak-ji!
i know only Pride and prejudice here. but it was a bit boring. did u like it????? the monk sold ferrari???(^o^);; sounds very interesting! i like this blog as well as sudasudacoffee. this one looks more familiar. good nite!!

June 15, 2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger Anjali said...

hi deepak,
Thz for dropping by.List of books is good.

June 15, 2005 7:52 PM  
Blogger d4u said...

Wow..looks like u av been bitten by the new bug around...taggeria:p!!

June 17, 2005 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home