Monday, February 07, 2005

FireFox 1.0

I was so satisifed with FireFox 0.93 that I didnt switch over to Firefox 1.0. Er..Well.. let me admit it, I was afraid that I might lose the book marks and plugins which I had meticulously collected over the last few months.

Still curiosity gave way and I tried it after 22 million people had taken the plunge. Let me admit, it was awesome. (Well what else did you expect from me) Not only did it import everything perfectly, it also had quite a few features. Now let me leave it to you to explore or else check out Spread FireFox

Here are some of the plugin which I am using. One is the GMail Notifier which pings and notifies about new emails in your gmail account and the second is Foxy Tunes. Its truly awesome extension which allows you to control your favourite media player from/within FireFox itself. Now I can continue to browse my favourite sites and blogs (including urs) while simultaneously fiddling with the playlist.

Here is a screen shot for your benefit. Just notice the buttons for mplayer in the status bar of the browser as well as the gmail notifier to the extreme right.

Let me see, as to what excuse my colleagues can figure out, for avoiding this. Mind you they are creative, in these respects :-)



- Dheepak Ra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home