Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Memory

People tend to assume that it is very good to have excellent memory. I beg to differ. You need to have the power to forget things. You need to carry some good memories forward and leave unpleasant memories behind. In such scenarios, great memory power will only hinder us.

Here is an instance of a guy with photogenic memory.

Yesterday, my friend stumbled across an old classmate of hers. They had studied together only till First Std. But when they bumped into each other, he not only recollected her by name but also her sister's name as well. Its amazing but true. Sometimes people get etched in the memories and even after years, you can recollect them very well.

Dont ask about me. Though I can recognize most of my classmates, I remember the names of only a few.

Infact today is the 500th day since I joined my present job. But it feels as if I walked into this company only a few months back.

- Dheepak Ra

3 Comments:

Blogger me said...

i perfectly agree with you on the forgetfulness part. Infact, a good memory and a good intelligence even are more hindrances at times than advantages ! BTW, i got gowri maam's number for you. Ping me in yahoo after 7 today and i will give it to u.

February 28, 2005 2:14 AM  
Blogger me said...

500th day needs some celebration. You owe me a treat for this.

February 28, 2005 2:15 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Thanks for the reply. Now I dont have to be ashamed of my memory/intelligence. To be more specific, lack of those attributes.

You better get well soon before you even think about a treat.

February 28, 2005 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home