Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Offsite

Jan 28, 2005
Our entire department in office decided to take the day off. We went to a nearby club. Our group of slightly more than 100 persons had a nice time. Apart from the usual speech which is expected, there was a wonderful crossword section. We were split up into several groups. Mine was the smallest group, due to which we named it as "Fabulous Five". Despite the size we came third in the crossword. Anyway there was a boring domino round and indoor games like TT, Carrom etc. But the best portion was the cricket game. We had enthusiastic participation both from the youngsters as well as the seniors. Its nice to see a fresher bowl to his boss. What happened after that, I will leave it to your imagination ;-) In the challenger finals, we won the game with no loss. Obviously what else do you expect when I open the innings while chasing. Let me admit I was not out on 1 run. But importantly I stone-walled one end and made sure no wicket fell down. Did I tell you? I am a wicket-keeper who opens the batting.

I never thought of blogging this but I came across this snap which I couldnt resist. The two guys in blue dress as well as the lady in white/yellow were all part of the "Fabulous Five" team. I loved this picture because they caught our unique facial expressions without our knowledge. Just notice the expressions - smile, sadness, surprise, seriousness........



- Dheepak Ra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home