Sunday, March 13, 2005

Finding Never Land

This week it is the turn of "Finding Never Land". Its the portrayal of the life of the author of "Peter Pan". Its a heart wrenching true story which is sure to tug the hearts of all the viewers. Its about how the author comes in contact with a widow (Kate Winslet) and her kids for and of whom the Peter Pan is based.

If it was Leondardo De Caprio who shone in Aviator, this was the turn of Kate Winslet. But she never stood out bcoz the other characters did their roles admirably. Look out for the performance of the kid - "Peter".

There is a lot in common between Aviator and this one. Both had stars from Titanic. Both are period films which were released at the same time.

In parts this movie might be a tinge slow and sad which puts off quite a few. When I went not even half the theatre was filled :-( I know, I know. I have been giving a good rating for quite a few movies. But trust me, if you dont watch this, you will never know what you are missing out on.

Updates: I have been pinged by readers enquiring as to why I dont write about the story like other reviews. Its pretty simple - I dont want to play spoil sport by mentioned the storyline. Nope disclosing just the ending is not good enough. The virginity of the movie needs to be preserved.

- Dheepak Ra

2 Comments:

Blogger Vani Viswanathan said...

ya...
i heard the movie was good too...did you catch million dollar baby? i wanted to watch it but decided that it would be a bit heavy and so watched a suspense thriller called hide and seek.
now should watch all these movies i've left out. whoa! what a commitment!

March 19, 2005 5:46 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Didn't get good feedbacks for million dollar baby but still I need to check it out. Meanwhile I watched One Dollar Curry, a movie you should avoid all costs. If you had been there with expectations like hyderabad blues, one will be sourly disappointed. I am doing all of you a favor by being the scape goat....... But I am glad too for what else is there in Bangalore.

March 20, 2005 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home